Ronaldo: Always ‘special’ to return to Utd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronaldo: Always ‘special’ to return to Utd

After serving a ban following his red card against Valencia, the star attacker hopes to help Juventus prevail in familiar surroundings.

Cristiano Ronaldo admits it is always “special” to return to Manchester United but has no plans to do his old club any favors on Tuesday, as Juventus aim to maintain their 100 percent record in this season’s Champions League. The two heavyweights in Group H do battle at Old Trafford with the visitors boasting two wins from two so far in the competition.

Ronaldo was sent off in a 2-0 triumph at Valencia in the opening round of fixtures, meaning he missed the 3-0 victory at home to Young Boys while serving a one-match ban. However, the forward is available again to face his former employers and, despite their indifferent form so far this term is not underestimating Jose Mourinho’s side.

Speaking to the media, he also issued a heartfelt message to his former United boss Alex Ferguson, who attended the Premier League fixture against Wolves last month after suffering a brain hemorrhage in May that required emergency surgery.

“It is special for me to return to Manchester,” the Portugal international said at a pre-match press conference. Here I have many memories of victories and affection and in particular with Alex Ferguson, to whom I send a big hug. He is a person who helped me so much.”

united always want Ronaldo at there side !! he is the match winning player from decades ...

Comment

Working...
    X